I’m behind. Ever since I stopped being a regular DJ, I have been out of the music scene. But in 2015 I really started to try and find some new music. Here is stuff that I have found most interesting in 2015…
- Dillon Francis – Not Butter (Mom, this one isn’t for you.) I ended up finding Dillon Francis via DJ Snake. I love that this music video is a parody on the entire electronic dance music genre’s music video scene. Give me more of a DJ willing to poke fun at his own musical style. That’s what my “band” in high school was all about.
- This version of Fetty Wap’s – Crank Dat (I have no idea what a Fetty Wap is, but at one time had no idea what a Lady Gaga or Hannah Montana was either.)
- David Guetta and Nicki Minaj’s – Hey Mama ’nuff said
- Fifth Harmony’s – Worth It – which I will take for the empowering message to women.
- Major Lazer and DJ Snake’s – Lean On which has certain Indian influences which makes it very appealing to me right now.
- Tove Lo’s – Talking Body – She’s a new artist to me but I love her stuff so far – such as Habits which I somehow missed earlier.
Here are more that I found in 2015 but are older tracks.
- Ape Drums – Overload which I found through this great live set (skip to about 29 minutes into it for the best ten or so minutes (in my opinion). I was also introduced to notable Choppa Dunks’ Piter and Stomper by Chris Lake and Anna Lunoe.
- Dillon Francis – When We Were Young which I love for the sentiment and the music as well as the fun video. Need ledd feel good and more bass from Francis? Or want a singing frosted doughnut with sprinkles? Check out I can’t Take It.
- I can’t help being a sucker for some Skrillex tracks and Try It Out is perfect. So is Summit.
- Somehow I missed this great track from Basement Jaxx. Never Say Never has a nice hook and a fun video.
- I also finally discovered Clean Bandit which put Extraordinary,
- Rather Be, Dust Clears, and other tracks of theirs on my radar. Dad, I think you’d like this band.
- David Guetta’s – Play Hard seemed familiar but the video’s craziness has me hooked. Get me some of those boots!
- Going way back, Swedish House Mafia’s – Don’t You Worry Child makes me wish I was following these guys well before their going away shows.
- Finally, TC’s simple Do You Rock makes me wonder how much other great talent I have missed in my life.