Just over a week ago I had Mike here and Keith and Sarah came over to help Pepper and I with a day of work on the storage building and shop. I had a manlift and good weather. I started by working on the roof. Sarah cut pieces of metal as Mike controlled the lift to bring the pieces up to me. The galvanized metal roofing was originally for someone else’s project and had been damaged by the shipping company so I got a deal for it. Cutting off most of the crumpled part still gave enough material for me to be able to do a “shed roof” with the pitch dumping snow and rain toward the stream and away from doors and decks.
As I wrapped up the roofing, the others worked on sheeting the front of the building with plywood. By the time I was done they were nearly done with the front.
Some of the roofing I had planned to use I was then able to use for siding for the front of the building. I still have enough of the galvanized metal to use for siding on one of the short sides of the building but that may have to wait until next year.
Last week Pepper and I completed the plywood sheeting on the sides of the building, got most of the windows installed, put up the vapor barrier on the sides, and built stairs finally. Then yesterday we put the insulation in and today put up more vapor barrier to make sure the insulation stays in place. Today we started moving things into the building and Keith and Orin helped me carry the two large windows in so they are ready to be trimmed in place.
It looks like I might finish this up in time!
- Posted in: Projects